Chocolate, bubbles, candles, and even butter spreaders… the list doesn’t stop there! Way too often, couples spend tons of cash on wedding favors that are either eaten on the spot or stashed in a drawer. We would like to introduce to you “The Swag Bag.” Filled with useful and fun accoutrements, this welcome bag can include a variety of items to make your guests feel right at home as they travel for your big day!
Start simple… select your carrier.
- To stay basic and budget-friendly, go with a kraft paper gift bag. Each bag is less than $0.10 when bought in bulk. You can add ribbon, custom calligraphy, or a fun label to go with your wedding theme.
- Keep it Green with a reusable tote! A bit pricier at $3 a tote, guests can reuse so it’s worth the fee. Go wild on Etsy with custom printed totes for around $6 a tote.
- Above and beyond… enter the wooden box! This small token will surely wow your guests. Wrapped in a silk bow, it is the perfect sentiment for your friends and family. These little guys start at $7 a box.
Now… let’s fill it with awesome goodies!
- Stay hydrated! Your guests are just arriving from a long day of travel. Bottled water is key (or a sports drink for an extra boost!) If you want to upgrade, pack a mini bottle of champagne!
- Snack attack! Light treats are perfect for guests staying in a hotel. From an apple to peanut butter crackers, a small assortment will save them from getting ‘hangry.’
- Get minty! This is for the wedding day. Mints and gum are lifesavers for guests to slip in their pockets… or beautifully beaded clutch.
- Custom touch! Incorporate maps and trinkets from your hometown so guests learn a little more about the bride & groom. Popcorn from your first movie date. Your favorite candy bars. The latest issue of your city’s tourist magazine.
- Where to go and what to do! Add a weekend itinerary for your guests. Not only should you include the ceremony and reception times/locations, but guests will appreciate a list of local museums, coffee shops, and things to do around the city!
Two Hello Couple Swag bags!
Jessica & Phil – J&P’s guest list was made up of mostly out-of-towners. Introducing everyone to The Burgh, they included a postcard of their fine city as well as the native language… ‘Pittsburgh-ese. They also included the famous Clark Bar, apples and oranges for breakfast, and a bottle of bubbly!
Lauren & Reid – To show off their Harvard pride, L&R included #crimwin koozies, Capecod Chips and personalized bottle openers. The groom, from Texas, incorporated his favorite Lonestar brew while the Burgh bride added a mini Smiley Cookie from Pittsburgh’s own Eat’n Park. Guests loved the goodies, which were all wrapped up in a custom calligraphy gift bag!
Your guests will thank you for welcoming them with such wonderful goodies to enjoy. Swag Bags range from $8-20 per bag. Whether you keep it basic or go above and beyond, it is a great touch that will always be appreciated.
Blog by Hello Productions Intern: Caylyn Oliver