Animals can add such a unique element of fun to your special day! It’s hard not to crack a smile when you see llamas dressed in tuxedos headed in your direction. Whether you’re using your own furry friend or renting some special guests for your event, you’ll be sure to capture some special (and comical!) moments that you’ll cherish forever.
So, you’re sold on the idea but aren’t sure what animals to use or how to incorporate them into your wedding? Here are a few different options:
1. Incorporating Exotic/Rental Animals
Incorporating animals into your wedding isn’t quite as crazy of an idea as it may seem at first. Traditionally, in Hindu or Sikh weddings, the groom will ride in on a decorated white horse or elephant. As these pictures show, it’s sure to capture your guests’ attention!
Although renting an elephant might be a bit of a challenge, renting horses, llamas, or doves for your event can be an easier, much more reasonable option.
There are plenty of companies around Pittsburgh that will rent out animals for weddings. For doves, PA Dovecote in Allison Park is one local option. They offer any number of doves ranging from two to twenty or thirty! Or, if you prefer not to release the birds, a pair of love doves in a beautifully decorated cage will make for a great photo-op. You can also check out Memory Maker White Dove Releases or Doves of Love for more pricing options (links included at the end).
If you’re Looking for llamas or other farm animals, the businesses listed in the links below are a great starting point! And, of course, you can’t forget the Pittsburgh Zoo or National Aviary options. These venues allow your guests to visit just about any animal they could imagine – and the Aviary will even allow a special guest (penguin, parrot, owl, etc.) to appear at your event! For more information, check out http://www.pittsburghzoo.org/Wedding-Receptions or https://www.aviary.org/wedding.
2. Incorporating Your Very Own Furry Friend(s)
Your pet is already such a huge part of your life – why not incorporate them into your special day? The moments captured with your furry best friend by your side will be memories that are sure to make you smile for years and years to come. Aside from capturing your guests’ attention (and receiving a ton of “aww’s!” as your pet walks down the aisle all dressed up!), including your pet on your wedding day adds a personal touch to an already special moment.
Of course, there are some factors to take into consideration before you make your pet an official guest and/or work them into the ceremony.
- It’s important to leave plenty of time to do a few runthroughs prior to the main event. Watching your pup run off in the other direction is funny the first few times, but when it’s your actual wedding ceremony you’re going to want him/her to make it from one end of the aisle to the other in a decent amount of time.
- Consider your dog’s personality. Do they like crowds? Are they comfortable receiving lots of attention for extended periods of time? Make sure you’re keeping your four-legged friend’s best interest at heart when you’re making these decisions.
- There are some logistics to work out before your wedding day. Remember:
- You may have to train your pet
- You’ll need to hire someone to care for them throughout the night and return them back home
- You’ll need to communicate with your venue to make sure animals are welcome
However, don’t let these aspects deter you from including your pet. There are plenty of businesses that you can hire to care for your pet during your event, handling all of these logistics for you. For example, Pawfect Day (http://www.pawfectday.com/weddings/) will groom your pet, take care of bathroom breaks, play with them, and even return them back home after your event.
Whether you’re renting animals or using your own furry friend, your guests are sure to love this fun addition to your wedding day. As long as you take the time to make the right preparations, you’ll have an easy, unique aspect of your wedding that your guests will be talking about for years to come!
PA Dovecote – http://www.padovecote.com/weddings.html
Memory Maker White Dove Releases – https://memorymakers.net/wedding-releases/
Doves of Love – http://dovesoflove.net/
Wild World of Animals – (https://wildworldofanimals.org/our-work/parties-events)
Mywedding.com – search for “Pittsburgh horse and carriage rental” -(http://www.mywedding.com/find-vendor/pittsburgh-pa-us/horse-carriage-rental)
Entertainment Unlimited – (https://www.entertainmentunlimited.com/animal-acts/